• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 months ago by Worried mother.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Sarah

I had lasik at Optimax, Bristol Road, Birmingham around 6 years ago.
      IT WAS THE WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE AS its left me with severe dry eyes, astigmatism, MGD, corneal neuralgia, severe twitching and now I’ve had to have emergency laser retinopexy to treat tears at the back of my retina . I have to wear glasses, use eye drops 16 to 20 times a day, take analgesics several times a day, eye ointmentsduring the night and have sleepless nights because of continues warm compresents.
      The surgery has ruined my life!!! I am in consistent pain, my vision is blurry, I can’t drive at night, I’m having to get regular medical treatment and much more.
      I have been back to this firm several times only to be told by the optometrist ‘nerve damage takes time to improve’ for 3 Years continuesly but 6 years on and my eyes are only getting worse. I’m scared as I fear I might lose my sight.

• #175 Reply
      OR-Admin
      Keymaster

Hi Sarah.

Thank you so much for posting your review here; it is gratefully received and is a valued contribution to our forum. We are saddened to hear that you are yet another victim of Optimax and have been suffering for so long. If you haven’t yet done so, we would highly recommend that you contact Sasha Rodoy who is Patient Advocate at My Beautiful Eyes Foundation and is leading the campaign for UK Government regulation of the Refractive Eye Surgery industry.

Here are the details if you wish to contact Sasha: sasha@mybeautifuleyes.co.uk

OR-Admin

• #179 Reply
      OR-Admin
      Keymaster

How coincidental…  A post from Sasha Rodoy almost 3 years ago mentioning Optimax Ruined My Life and ‘Optimax Reviews. A stark reminder that very little (if anything) has changed in the past 3 years – this corrupt industry continues to take advantage of peoples dreams of becoming ‘glasses-free’ knowing full well it is more than likely that their vision will be irreparably damaged – But they won’t tell you the truth! Optimax and Ultralase should be ashamed; they’re no better than dodgy car salesmen and rogue traders!

• #815 Reply
      Worried

I don’t want to give you my name because I am still being “treated” by Optimax. I had surgery this year and my vision is worse than before!! I keep being told not to worry and give it time and if it doesn’t get better they can do more surgery. But I don’t have confidence in them any more and think I need to see another surgeon but I don’t know who to trust. I met another patient with problems who told me to contact this website because you might be able to help. Can I send you an email? Thank you for reading this.

Hi. We would be more than happy to offer you some advice. Please send us a direct email at info@optimaxruinedmylife.net and we will contact you by return.

• #816 Reply
      Worried mother

I don’t know if anyone can help but my daughter had lasik eye surgery at Optimax earlier in the year and has noth8ng but problems since. I really didn’t want her to do it but she was persuaded by her friend who had it done. I am really angry because my daughter just found out that her friend has got problems as well with dry eyes and other things that she forgot to tell my daughter about!!! Optimax gave her eye drops and keep telling her not to worry because it can take more time to settle for some people, but they never told her this before the surgery and after finding this website and reading more about Opt8max on the internet I am very worried for my daughter. Please can you advise what we should do.

Hi.
      Thanks for leaving a message on here.

Dry eyes is one of the many consequences of laser eye surgery and you are right to have concerns. Sasha Rodoy would be the person to contact regarding advice and support on this.

You can contact her directly via email sasha@mybeautifuleyes.co.uk    You can also contact her through her dedicated website http://www.mybeautifuleyes.co.uk

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Optimax ruined my life
Your information: