Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sarah

I had lasik at Optimax, Bristol Road, Birmingham around 6 years ago.
      IT WAS THE WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE AS its left me with severe dry eyes, astigmatism, MGD, corneal neuralgia, severe twitching and now I’ve had to have emergency laser retinopexy to treat tears at the back of my retina . I have to wear glasses, use eye drops 16 to 20 times a day, take analgesics several times a day, eye ointmentsduring the night and have sleepless nights because of continues warm compresents.
      The surgery has ruined my life!!! I am in consistent pain, my vision is blurry, I can’t drive at night, I’m having to get regular medical treatment and much more.
      I have been back to this firm several times only to be told by the optometrist ‘nerve damage takes time to improve’ for 3 Years continuesly but 6 years on and my eyes are only getting worse. I’m scared as I fear I might lose my sight.

• #175 Reply
      OR-Admin
      Keymaster

Hi Sarah.

Thank you so much for posting your review here; it is gratefully received and is a valued contribution to our forum. We are saddened to hear that you are yet another victim of Optimax and have been suffering for so long. If you haven’t yet done so, we would highly recommend that you contact Sasha Rodoy who is Patient Advocate at My Beautiful Eyes Foundation and is leading the campaign for UK Government regulation of the Refractive Eye Surgery industry.

Here are the details if you wish to contact Sasha: sasha@mybeautifuleyes.co.uk

OR-Admin

• #179 Reply
      OR-Admin
      Keymaster

How coincidental…  A post from Sasha Rodoy almost 3 years ago mentioning Optimax Ruined My Life and ‘Optimax Reviews. A stark reminder that very little (if anything) has changed in the past 3 years – this corrupt industry continues to take advantage of peoples dreams of becoming ‘glasses-free’ knowing full well it is more than likely that their vision will be irreparably damaged – But they won’t tell you the truth! Optimax and Ultralase should be ashamed; they’re no better than dodgy car salesmen and rogue traders!

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Optimax ruined my life
Your information: